Tuesday, October 25, 2022

We Are Not Like Them

 https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/5065135694

Goodreads Review: We Are Not Like Them

I wrote a comment on my  review. I just reread the prologue and the 2nd Chapter where Kevin tells his wife that they chased a suspect in car, then when the runner turned into an alley, they chased the suspect on foot. The boy Justin saw a star in the sky, thus I was correct in thinking this happened after dark.

What I missed or forgot was that the two cops arrived at the scene of the convenience store robbery, saw someone running and followed him. Later in the story people view a surveillance video camera of the alley where the boy was shot.Someone commented that the blur must have been the runner (suspect.) 

Page 185: Uncle Rod's giant RV towers over all of them. I have no idea what RV towers are. Oh, I see: Rod's giant RV, towers over... I wonder if I would have read it correctly if there had been that comma after RV. Or "Uncle Rod's giant RV sits in the yard. It towers over all the other cars (dirt, weeds, gravel?) 

page 166: When other people walk away from danger our men walk towards it. And we have their six.

Is six a typo,or some cop lingo I have never heard? 

page 203: so I guess tomorrow will be our last Christmas there house.

At their house? Or just last Christmas there? 

There were a few other times that I had to stop reading trying to make sense of a sentence, but I did not make note of all of them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment