Monday, May 29, 2023

The Answer is...

...Alex Trebek ~ subtitled: Reflections of My Life.

My oldest daughter is a Jeopardy whiz kid. She might not know an answer, but she quickly uses logic to come up with the answer. She was labeled: Gifted & Talented in elementary school. So was her younger brother. Gave the middle child an inferiority complex. I would point out to her, that she might not be "Gifted & Talented," but she was above average on standardized tests, among her peers. 

The oldest & youngest, like myself, were avid readers. The middle child would not sit still to let me read her a Dr. Seuss book, and does not read for pleasure. But back, to Alex.

"You could replace me as the host of the show with anybody and it would likely be just as popular."

The show may be "just as popular," but the new hosts are not. Trebek is missed.

It took me over a week to read the book, due to not enough bright light in my apartment to read the small print, this paperback. 

I found I share many of Alex's ideas or ideals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment