Wednesday, March 1, 2023

This Year You Write Your Novel

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/219462.This_Year_You_Write_Your_Novel

I read This Year You Write Your Novel by Walter Mosley, a long time ago. He said if you write a page a day, in a year you would have 365 pages; a novel. Ooh, I can do that! He suggested having a strict routine. His was writing first thing in the morning. Hey, me too! Soon after I woke up in the morning, I headed to Blogger to write. 

At one time I had 6 or more blogs going at one time. And 4 websites. Later I wrote articles for now defunct Associated Content. Writing everyday was not an issue for me; brevity is not my writing strong point. 

My other issue is writing things people will read. Forget a novel; all my attempts were short lived. 

If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it,” Toni Morrison

I dream big; surely people would want to read my adventures in homelessness.  It seems even my own family were not interested in what it was like living on the streets for a year. One friend was basically my only reader. I did a lot of Technorati advertising and commenting on other peeps blogs. Nada. 

So, no I did not write my novel that year, despite writing everyday for hours on end. C'est la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment