Friday, November 12, 2021

Expected Death

 Expected Death is the title of a post that landed on my Facebook timeline. It came from a site or page: Always With Love.(https://www.facebook.com/alwayswithloveceremonies/)

It was one of those long posts that I often skip over. (What you see in others exists in you, or what bothers you about others is a fault of your own? My tendency towards worldliness.) 

Part of the post reads:

There's a grace to being at the bedside of someone you love as they make their transition out of this world. At the moment they take their last breath, there's an incredible sacredness in the space. The veil between the worlds opens. After reading most of it, I was reminded of the time my sister called me and said: I think she is gone. Oy, I said, You think? Later sis said she said think because she did not want to say died or passed on. I was touched that she called me first, rather than one of my brothers. Or other living sister.

The FB post said that we knew they were going to die, so why the need to panic. It said to be there in the moment, quiet and pause as the deceased's soul transitions from body to the great beyond. Thinking about that phone call, I started thinking about other times we knew they were going to die...

...unused blog, might as well post my thoughts about it here. I mean, these type personal stories are not likely to be interesting even to close family members, right? Maybe I should keep an offline diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment