Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Jenny Lawson

 Found a Jenny Lawson quote from her book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened:

Most Bloggers are emotionally unstable and are often awkward in social situations, which is why many turned to blogging in the first place. 

Well, no. I started blogging to try to earn money with sidebar ads or selling products I created. I think Homeless in Long Beach was my first blog. Or maybe my first Blogger blog. I also had 4 websites, along with multiple blogs at other sites. I even created a blog using HTML. Self taught.

I know one of my websites still exists. All the blogs gone, except here. And these had many transformations. I enjoyed every minute of all that work. Other than selling some t-shirts, postage stamps at Zazzle, my profit was: net zero. If only someone would have hired me to work-at-home, paying me to do research, or something.

I did make some spare change writing for Associated Content. I should have made more. I stopped begging family to click on titles if they did not have time to read my articles, and ask two friends to do likewise. We earned money by page view bonuses.

I stopped submitting for pay because the site rejected my book reviews. They said they wanted product reviews. Duh, ever hear of Barnes and Noble

All those homeless help people I knew? No time to read or at least click on a title. A pastor liked my cross words cards. Never bought a one. Some college kids who took photos of me? Never read an article. Depressing. At least 40 family members who used the Internet. I thought an easy 40 pageviews. It did not cost them a penny to help me earn a few of them.

They say to dream big, but I never became what today is called "an influencer." I can write a lot, but I guess I do not write anything worth reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment