Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Unthinkable. by Jamie Raskin

 I saw an article about a Senator diagnosed with lymphoma. It piqued my interest because I also have lymphoma, although not the same type as the Senator. 

I had no idea who Jamie Raskin was. LOL I should have known. I was pleasantly surprised that Kindle had his book, Unthinkable. I bookmarked pages, and jotted notes. Kindle being charged right now, so just recording some jotted notes. Need to get rid of some paper.

---

Plug Uglies

House Divided Speech

vigilante force of racist mob violence

KKK Act 1871

"great and dangerous offenses" 

bullies that target the press, innocent people, and Democracy itself

11/14/2020 Million MAGA March, aka: March for Trump, Stop the Steal

12/12/2020 MAGA II Rally

Trump said: "we have just begun to fight." violent attacks, burning of church by Proud Boys

Ayanna Pressley: What is more polarizing than trying to kill us?

"We were sent here by the president"

Stop reminding them that anyone who crosses Donald Trump, gets death threats.

laughable alibi 

Michael Van der Vern stole coasters after electoral college count was finally completed on J6/2021

---

In addition to bookmarked pages, I noted pages 353. 368, 371, 379, 381, 447 I believe I rated the book 4 stars on Goodreads. I do not find any book Amazing. Others places I would rate it 5 Stars; a great future look at history.

I did find parts of the book to be dull. Too many listings of who attended what party, kind of stuff. Enough trying to keep up with all the politicians and rioters names. Often too repetitive; almost a copy paste from Part 1, to Part 3. 

I did, however find I really like Jamie Raskin. Maybe he could run for president. Intelligent, & knowledgeable. Some of his ideas came from his son, Tommy, who unfortunately committed suicide days before J6. 

When I was a bit younger than Tommy, I never wanted to marry and have children; I thought the world was such a horrible place. I imagine Tommy felt it was even more horrible ~ not just mass shootings, but mass school shootings, and a president who lied for four years, grooming his MAWA thugs to fight over his stolen election lies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment