Friday, January 13, 2023

Random

 Some random quotes from books that I neglected to write down the source.

I would scribble something on note paper, later post on Notepad doc, after having read three more books, then completely forgot which quote came from which book.

*your perception is a reflection of you

*not because of me or anything I did

*affirming our best values 

*label attached ~ she was tall, I was short

*operating with integrity ~ not with emotions 

*"three sisters" vegetable patch corn, beans and squash each plant has something to offer the others, corn grows tall, creates natural pole for beans to climb, beans provide nitrogen, squash low to ground large spreading leaves block weeds keeps soil moist page 45

*probably from The Light We Carry, Michelle Obama

Aphasia ~ talk with the current instead of swimming against it ~ Gabby Giffords

"most bigoted adherents to the Party the swallowers of slogans" 1984

---

“The true Islam has shown me that a blanket indictment of all white people is as wrong as when whites make blanket indictments against blacks.” — Malcolm X. (old quote that I copied to use on comments.)

Also found to add to comments:A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment