Thursday, July 12, 2012

Moon Walk

Was not sure if I read Moon Walk, Michael Jackson's One & Only Autobiography, His Life, in His Words, so checked it out of the library. What I liked about the book is how photographs were sprinkled through out the pages rather than having them all together in a special section towards middle or end of book. What I did not like, was that the featured photos did not always identify the people, and seemed out of sequence with the story.

Michael said: "One thing I know about children is that if they don't get the love they need from their parents, they'll get if from someone else and cling to that person, a grandparent, anyone."

"I'm a person of the present, and I have to ask, How are things going now? What's happening now? What's going to happen in the future that could affect what has happened in the past?

...there are people out there who don't actively hold you back as much as they work quietly on your insecurities so that you hold yourself back."

"I believe in wishes and in a person's ability to make a wish come true. I really do." "...a wish is more than a wish, it's a goal. It's something your conscious and subconscious can help make reality."

Michael Jackson wrote or said a whole lot more than that. The book was first published in 1988. My library copy was re-issued in 2009. Most of the book was enjoyable to read; other parts got boring to me. I learned that MJ had a problem with acne; had more than one plastic surgeries on his nose and a cleft put in his chin.

Personally I think he should have left the nose alone. I guess, at the time, his self-esteem was so low due to the acute acne, he was looking to improve his looks. Since the book was written long ago, no information on a lot of things I would have liked to hear him talk about in his own words. He wrote about some stars losing their lives due to drugs at an early age. The potential lost; world would never know what else they could achieve, we would never get to see them perform again.

When he was writing the book, he could not have imagined he would be yet another star whose life ended too early, tragically.

No comments:

Post a Comment