Saturday, July 14, 2012

Problems

Problems are put before us to solve them, my mother often said. Working on finding a solution to a problem, I read: "Sometimes problems seem quite thorny, but they have a rather simple solution that was staring you in the face the whole time." Yes, I thought, how easy is this: put a vacation hold on my mail, get a bus ticket, go east to visit family, return with money saved by not paying rent here, to get out. (See Homeless in Long Beach blog for details on why I am fit to be tied.)

I did go to SS online a while ago; did not find answer about giving up apartment while on vacation. I think I am obligated to tell the government if I am going to be absent from my apartment for a period of time. What a pain. I knew homeless people collecting SS who did not have a fixed permanent address, just a P.O. box. Why oh why can't I? No, do not want to live on the streets again. Body would not take that anymore. Just need to stop paying 2/3 of income for rent, so that I can save to get out of this place.

Hope: A Tragedy could read as a depressing novel, yet I found it funny. Perhaps ironic ending.

Kugel asks a policeman: Should I be worried?

You should only worry, said Sergeant Frankel, about the things you can control.

If I could control them, said Kugel, they wouldn't worry me.

Exactly, said Sergeant Kugel.

Winston Churchill's last words were this: I'm so bored with it all.

No use, wrote, Van Gogh in his suicide note, I shall never be rid of this depression.

Goodbye, wrote Sid Vicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment